So, a couple of weeks ago, the lovely girls from Whisper of Thoughts nominated me for The Unique Blogger Award and how cool is that? Yay!! Of course, I’m thankful (THANK YOU, THANK YOU!) and if you haven’t yet, you should totally go and check out their awesome blog! And I think they deserve a lot more readers like YOU!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
- I love the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy which I finished last summer and I always thought Akiva was a blonde but I’ve just recently discovered that he has dark hair. What?! Mind fluff. Has anything like this ever happened to you? If yes, with which character?
*I guess this happens all the time (for me anyway). I mean, when a character is described in a book, you thought you got the appearance all right but when you look up the character in the internet and you see a fan art or something, you’ll just get surprised he’s/she’s very different from the one in your mind. When I read Six of Crows (loved it!), at some point it might’ve slipped my mind but I was surprised when I looked up Jesper and saw that he was black. He was very different from the one I’d been imagining and until the end I stuck with him not being black. Lol.
- Do you prefer colorful book covers with lots of things going on or simple, b&w covers?
*It depends, I guess, but colorful is what always gets my attention. I don’t mind simple/b&w cover as long as its beautiful. But then, there are covers which are colorful yet simple. Like Confess by Colleen Hoover which is one of my favorites ever!! It’s not really colorful but it’s simple and beautiful.
- Do you visualise character faces?
*Yes! Because really, all book characters are worth visualizing. And it’s always easier when you have a face in your mind rather than just a name. So might as well visualize the characters’ faces in your head. It’s also kinda fun trying to picture out how the characters really look like. Take Kell from Shades of Magic series for example. Kell is described as having auburn hair and a perpetual scowl. He has mismatched eyes: one blue on the left and one black on the right. If it was up to me, I’ll just say Kell looks like Sebastian Stan or something but authors want us to use our imagination because it’s fun!
- Laila @ Lilly and the Book Heaven
- Ayaka @ Midnight Ranter
- Jeneve @ Jeneve the Reader
- Pierina @ Pierina Reads
- A Book. A Thought.
- Jess @ Jessreadsbooks
- Lilly @ Lair of Books
*feel free to ignore if you‘ve already been nominated*
- A friend is leaving to go somewhere far, what book will you give her as a farewell gift? Why that book?
- You’re writing a book and the characters are inspired by the people around you, what would you name the main characters?
- What’s the first ever book that made you cry?